Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vanspiration 26 - Nats all folks

Vanspiration 26 - Nats all folks

Firstly, Vanspiration 25 has been parked for Max as per Vanspiration 5 where he said "Hopefully, Blue Victor, vanspiration 25 will be my old HZ sandman being found in a shed all tarped up, from when I sold it in 1992!"

So when that happens we'll put it in.

As for 26, no real surprises here, but a real nice video

FF to 40 secs in part two

Didn't make the 2023 Van Nationals so it was good to see some of the event on video.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Dunno if you've seen this one yet.

The character is not really my style but you may be interested, particularly around the 12.20 mark

Quote Originally Posted by Blue victor View Post
    Dunno if you've seen this one yet.

The character is not really my style but you may be interested, particularly around the 12.20 mark
    I hadn't and it was worth the watch for a number of reasons. But the misinformation handed out by Aussies about things they own blows my mind. I'm surprised how much the Yank put together from the misinformation fed to him. Around the 12.20 mark is Troy with his VZ Van "Cylde" we have met a few times over the years. He studied mine pretty hard at Bathurst as I did his. I did note some of my mods showed up on his the next year. Which is a nice compliment. Then we met up at Forbes in 2021 Nationals.
    Just for those who give a sh*t. The concept MAMBO Sandman was 1x Promotional Ute and 1x Concept Van. That's it. John Evans did the paint, Mambo artist Reg Mombassa (Chris O'Doherty ex "Metal as Anything" band) did the art. AMCAT (Australian Made Canopies And Tonneaus) made all the canopies either for their own releases or those for HBD (Holden By Design) and all were fibreglass. The original design concept was Holden and they worked with AMCAT to make it a reality and then latter an option (released first with VY Series 2. Vic Rego VAN-01 as seen in this video was originally John Evans own rego plate as seen in the V-Series thread. Rear "Ute" glass and panel work stayed in place for all HBD and AMCAT jobs. John Evans ended up buying the AMCAT moulds and did his own share of releases but at the end of the day these are still known as AMCAT products. As stated in the video John Evans has now retired. You should note the grass skirt on the girl (mural) is not on the VAN-01 shown. On the original it was added when the MAMBO concept van travelled to the USA as to not offend the Yanks with Australian nudity.

Good to see some friends that made it to the Bendigo Van Nationals and see a few Vans I haven't had the chance to see in person before or for awhile.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine

Andrew Davis has a heap of photos on his FaceSpace page.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5025392&type=3
    Selling HJ 253 Engine

Thanks for the link

More from this guy, mostly Drifter related but again go to 12.20 for some crazy coincidence

Wasn't it just a marketing ploy to get rid of excess fascia panels when Pontiac exports were stopped?
    https://www.drive.com.au/news/commod...ontiac-option/
    We'll get there shortly.

Yes it was, no such thing as Holden releasing them with Pontiac badges. But it is true about them being run-out models with left over Pontiac parts. So it's an SSV Holden Ute with an AMCAT canopy with the factory run-out Pontiac nose etc. Then somebody has fitted the badges after sale. These badges are still available online after Holden cleared all remaining stock to wholesale outlets. Was cool to see the three Drifters all together.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine

Super excited YANK at the 2023 NSW Van Titles

Different perspective

Last edited by Innuendo; 19-05-2023 at 04:07 AM. Reason: added second video link
    Selling HJ 253 Engine

Quote Originally Posted by Blue victor View Post
    Firstly, Vanspiration 25 has been parked for Max as per Vanspiration 5 where he said "Hopefully, Blue Victor, vanspiration 25 will be my old HZ sandman being found in a shed all tarped up, from when I sold it in 1992!"

So when that happens we'll put it in.
    Thanks for that, no luck so far.....

- - - Updated - - -
    And also,

Thanks Innuendo, for posting the links for the NSW state van titles, I've been meaning to start a thread with pics, but haven't had time.
    The videos pretty much covered the show day, was a great show & hope that the event continues.

Thread Information