Thread: Non body panel paint codes

Learner Driver

Non body panel paint codes

I am restoring a Feb 1976 Brisbane built HJ Kingswood. Trying to identify the paint used on the non body panels (E.G. firewall, air cleaner, inner mud guards, boot & etc) is impossible. Searching through a number of sites revels numerous shades of black to grey to body colour. Filtering all this out to get the correct colour just gives me a headache.

Does anyone know of a site or a reference point where the correct paint codes are to be found?
    If not I am willing to put together a spreadsheet (for the public to view) if I can get information from reliable sources. Hopefully I can get information so the colour used on a part that was made for a model at a particular plant and date can be obtained.

Was called "slops" or "slush", which was left over paint thrown in a bucket & mixed (prob with some chassis black) & uesd on the under side etc.
    I just tapped the paint/panel section & then put 'slush' in the search bar at the top rhs of the page, & have a look thru the posts

Learner Driver
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes I have seen many mention it is ‘slops’ but then others say it has a particular colour code. Some also say the boot is the same as the firewall but my boot is an army green colour and has no resemblance to any other painted item. Hence my confusion.

All the black painted surfaces in the engine bay look the same at present but a good clean up may reveal differences. I might get some cutting compound and apply it to various items/areas and see how they compare with each other.

Learner Driver
    Managed to apply rubbing compound to several areas of the firewall. Seems it was painted with the same paint as the boot (slops) and then after things were fitted over sprayed, very poorly, with black.

Thread Information