Thread: Xx7 hj

Sweet HJ Sandman 308 TH400. Don't get much better for factory spec. Be interesting to see the sale price.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

I agree, top spec but who in 76 was choosing white? The only white vans then were on Matlock police and Division 4.

I was 12 then and going to the Melbourne motor show most years and I gotta say, lime green monaros, red GTs, purple chargers were getting these eyeballs

I'm sure they existed, but I can't recall seeing any white Sandmans.

What do you think of the rake? Looks a bit too low at the front to me...guard rub? I see Pedders stuff in the last photo plus a lot of non factory suspension parts used.

As for price, I imagine they're chasing every bit of $100k. I don't know if this mob pull the right audience to get that, they seem to dabble in anything and everything.

G'day blue v
    I think this is great looking van, & wouldn't be surprised if it gets an up there price.
    Im just guessing it might've started life without stripes, being white & not wanting to attract attention.

Just out of interest, a bloke here just before Xmas bought a red HJ (non-orig 253, 4sp) but clean & tidy in the body etc. that was at 782 motors, they wanted 120k & after a few phone calls, they offered for 100. He counter offered, & got it a bit below that.

Cheers
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by Blue victor View Post
    I agree, top spec but who in 76 was choosing white? The only white vans then were on Matlock police and Division 4.
    Were they white? In NSW all cop cars used to be sky blue. I'm yet to get up to the colour episodes of Division 4 although I'm in series eight where the colour change happened. Always funny how the prototype Valiant Panel Van was used between shows. Notice that divvy van has a Holden roof!.

I was 12 then and going to the Melbourne motor show most years and I gotta say, lime green monaros, red GTs, purple chargers were getting these eyeballs

I'm sure they existed, but I can't recall seeing any white Sandmans.
    Loud colours were in your face and memories but sedate colours were also out there in use.

What do you think of the rake? Looks a bit too low at the front to me...guard rub? I see Pedders stuff in the last photo plus a lot of non factory suspension parts used.
    Front ride looks good to me but I like my rides low, tough and mean. Sure it effects the ride and done wrong tyre will scrub. Small sacrifice for being cool. Also who wants a bog stock anything? You need personality otherwise you'd be confused with sheep. Rear needs to come down a little more in my opinion.

As for price, I imagine they're chasing every bit of $100k. I don't know if this mob pull the right audience to get that, they seem to dabble in anything and everything.
    Wait and see I guess.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine

Sells for $85,250.00 plus Buyers Premium $8,439.75 Total $93,689.75
    Selling HJ 253 Engine

Thread Information