This is mainly for the guys here doing resto stuff and work for Sandmans, including (but not limited to) Absinth, Stickthis, Ozbox etc. Probably Rod and Jennie too as you've just finished a resto.

I'm flying down to Melbourne on wednesday for a special event at Rare Spares. They've invited a small group of forum admins down for a day, not 100% sure what it is all about. I have a feeling it will be about image, future products etc (I may be 100% wrong). From Fastlane myself, Dr Terry and Warren T are going as far as I know. So before tuesday night can you guys give me a small list of ideas, bitches, nice to haves, complaints, basically feedback of any kind particular to Sandmans? It doesn't have to be with respct to Rare Spares products, you could wish to tell them you can't get sump bolt washers anymore and want them reproed! Absinth I saw your post on Fastlane about HJ console bits so basically that sort of stuff. I have a feeling that this might be an opportunity not to be missed. I'm asking you guys as although I understand the Sandman very well, I haven't actually been involved in restoring a HQ-WB for many years so i'm not current in what bits you guys are having trouble finding. Last time I restored one you could find one owner cars still in every wrecking yard! My recent experience in these has been in maintaining my Overlander and HJ Premier, which is very different to the restoration process (by restoration I mean not just a vehicle, but of parts themselves eg what Sean does with dash facias). Plus i've always had sheds full of HK-WB bits so often stuff I see as common too (as I have heaps) is hard to find for others.

I'll pass it over to you guys for comment. If the day has nothing to do with this, i'll compile it all into a list anyway and i'll pass it on to Rares later. At least they might listen to me if they think enough of me to invite me to this event!

Byron