Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
Hi, Sandaro. A while before I ordered the van I worked for the local GM-H dealer, (Motors Pty Ltd), so I guess that helped with the purchase price of the van. I paid $7,490 with the options, which was about a grand cheaper than a Sandman. A list of the Options: AO1 - Tinted Glass, B30 – Carpet, CD4 – Intermittent Wipers, F72 – Heavy Duty Suspension, GU4 – 3.08-1 Diff Ratio, G80 – Limited Slip Diff, K96 – Heavy Duty 55 Amp Alternator, L31 – 308 Engine (Inc M21), M11 – Console, QEU – ER70H14 6 Ply Tyres, UA1 – Heavy Duty Battery, U17 – GTS Instruments, VF8 – Rubber Bump Strip, VO1 – Heavy Duty Radiator, XS6 – Bucket Seats, AK9 – Kingswood, TT5 – QI Head Lamps, JM8 – Rear Discs, N42 – Fast Steering Ratio. Now, I knew that the rear disc's wouldn't be fitted, but I ticked the box anyway. As far as the quick steering ratio goes, I didn't get that either, because from the time I placed the order (April '78) untill the time I recieved the car (August '78) that option had been deleted. The van is Tuxedo (black) with Slate (black-ish) interior, including a black full hoodlining. In the four months I waited I aquired a full set of rear disc's, including proportioning valve, a radio-cassette player, a sports steering wheel and a set of 8in Hotwires. When it was ten months old some scum-bag scratched every panel, even including the scuttle panel. The van is now being prepared for a full resto. Rob.

proper phat in the pants. what a rig!