Hello folks,
I noticed a little fore and aft movement on my HX Sandman steering column when I pulled on my steering wheel, so I and decided to ask my wife for some assistance. Being married for 35 years I thought she was the perfect person to pull on my colum while I watched the back and forth movement.

I opened the bonnet and positioned myself so that I could see my column and asked her to give it a pull, stupid me didn't say how hard and she pulled it that hard that a gap of about 10mm was created between the part the steering wheel is attached to and the part of the column where the indicator is positioned.
My wife was in a complete panic trying to push it back in, but alas the damage was done and I was in a state of complete shock, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry as she had almost torn my column out with her bear hands.

After the panic and disappointment of breaking my favorite toy had subsided I consulted Dr Google and it appears that the soft metal holding the upper bearing into the honeypot has been damaged and I am up for a replacement honeypot. I have however been able to centralise the column and push it back into place, completely closing the gap completely. The steering feels as it should and I am confident that unless I pull on my column again, everything is back to normal.

My questions are:
1. Would it have been 100% the upper bearing that caused the gap,
2. Now that it is repositioned (pushed back in) should I risk driving it,
3. Does anyone have a really good HX honeypot with a known good upper bearing they are willing to sell,
4. Does anyone have an idiots guide video of how to replace the honey pot?

Cheers,