Thread: LIBIDO - driveline rebuild

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    P Plater

LIBIDO - driveline rebuild

Hey all.

Have decided to rebuild driveline in Libido, my HX fac 308 4 speed 18V 1950kg 2 seat Tuxedo N ****ing plated van. I had a thread on its rebuild here previously as some may remember, but can't find it now. All good.

As pictures show, driveline is out and motor stripped, block going off to shop tonight for its cleanup if mechanic ever gets here.

My mechanic is a legend - awesome at what he does, and we have agreed on a price. The engine rebuild does not bother me as I only want a basic build - new everything but it doesn't have to make a thousand horses. My van is just to cruise in - I just want it sharp, reliable, drive able and to sound good - basic stuff I'm sure you'll agree.

Ok, my concern is that I want a 6 speed manual bolted up to the red 308. As I said, we agreed on a price and agreed we'd use a VY box he has at home with 100k on it - no problem. But, I'm reading nothing but horror stories and am not sure if this can even be done - any advice from you guys would be much, much appreciated.

Original m21 needed a rebuild ( and another gear) and I like different so the 6 speed really appealed to me. Am very curious to know the drama awaiting me, if at all it can be done. Mechanic is very gung ho by nature and didn't balk at my want for 6 speeds - I just hope it's cool!

Also, any one know anything about the toner in the pictures? I got it for nothing recently in a trade and it's a very rare thing - build plates are all stato sedan plates. Has 3 engineers plates on it, 5 seat cap been crossed out with an engraver and 2 engraved next to it. Obviously a big body job somewhere along the life of it. Curious to know if anyone knows anything about it. Full fac stato interior, stato everything - not my thing but the price was right.

Cheers for any help.

Go Hawks image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
    Last edited by Rockape; 25-07-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Thread Information