One of those regretful things in life was when I parted with my HJ sandman in 1983. I was pressured into selling it by the girlfriend. I had it longer than her so in hind sight I should have kept the van and got rid of her.

Anyway every time I see a Deville Blue van I wonder if its my old van or not. I sometimes think I lost an old friend. I traded the van in on a VC Brock commodore, the worst car I have ever owned which didn't make the loss any better. So getting back to the van, it was an originally purchased new in N.S.W in 1975 and was an early HJ Sandman 2 seat L20 M20, Black interior, GTS guards and body paint colour antelope metallic. Of course we all do the period modifications in the 80s and I fitted a Chev 327 engine 4 speed Muncie transmission and a 10 bolt LSD 3.08 diff. Also added the HJ station wagon rear bumper, twin headlight front and painted it Deville blue. The back had a very simple deck out, beige carpet, wood panels on both sides and the standard black full headlining. If anyone has a Sandman which may fit the original spec I would like to know if my old Sandman was a survivor or not.

Thanks Lenny.