Thread: Deceased Estate Help Please

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Learner Driver

Deceased Estate Help Please

Hi. I am new to the forum. It looks like a great community and a wealth of knowledge is clear already from my short time here. I have been involved in the FX/FJ Community for ever but this is my first time playing around with some of the newer cars like Sandman's haha.

I am chasing some opinions.

I and my sister have recently inherited a sandman "style" van from my stepfather and I am trying to sort a few things out with it.

I say "style" because it is really hard to tell what happened in this vans history. There are a lot of little things with it that are clearly sandman options. But there are also a lot of things that are a little confusing too.

We always thought that the van was a clean HQ van. Since his passing we have found a full set of original XX7 plates (HX orange 308HC & M21 black interior) in his dresser draw. the vehicle is registered with HZ plates on it as of today. Someone close told me these were put on because they didn't want it stolen...?????

So yea, Its a bit of a mess. Although I haven't been traditionally a Sandman guy I have been around Holden's my whole life so I knew enough what to look for. Because of the change of paint and a good, but not factory resto (chrome trim etc) ... I really don't know. Hence the sandman "style" van. and there are way more things that convince me that its just a HZ van with a sandman front end.

So what we need to do now is establish a price as the van is in estate and myself and my sister are the heirs to it.

There are many family members that my stepdad told he was leaving it too (He liked the odd beer too) and these promises usually came after a few beers. So I have come here because I know you guys would be probably the most knowledgeable in the country when it comes to the prices of these vans. I know I have kept an eye of FJ sales for 20 years, I'm sure some of you are the same here.

Two questions I have.

1. What would you put as a fair sale price on the van as you see it? not as a sandman. just as a clean van. I know this is a hard question as I hate seeing these posts too in other forums. If the van is to be sold within the family though we need a starting ***realistic*** price. Not an Ebay dream price. because its in an Estate it has to be fair. Im still not sure if I'll just buy the other half out from my sister yet.

2. Do you know anyone that can do accurate valuations on these vehicles? My sister is a long way from a car person and just wants to get someone local to came and value it. My concern is... I don't think most car valuers will have a clue.

Thanks for letting me join your community. and sorry my first post is a bit of a strange one. it is a nice van none the less. 308, M21, Mophius purple (commodore color)

Cheers. and thanks for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information