Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast

Thread: Spotto

Leadfoot
    Thank you hope mine looks that good when done!Attachment 15153

Learner Driver
    New to the Forum but had Holdens since 1985. Sold my old Opaline Blue Belmont HQ 253/3-speed about 9 years ago in a moment of madness. This was the poor old thing....

PICT5691.jpg

I've missed it ever since so I decided recently that I'd replace it and bought this original Chrome Yellow Belmont HQ 202HC/Trimatic sight unseen with the intention of keeping it standard looking, but throwing a 308 in it.

IMAG0926.jpg

When it turned up all numbers matched and it was way too good to cut up, so I went on the search again. Was out looking for FJ parts with my brother and came across a guy who had this Saffron Metallic Kingswood HQ 308 / Trimatic / 10-bolt sitting in a rough lean-to type shed with dirt floor. While it will never be worth any great sum of money, it's all matching numbers, so my intention for it will simply be to return it to as close to factory spec as possible. I can appreciate all Holdens, modified and standard, but I prefer the factory look. I just wanted one with a 308, and fortunately this thing was perfect for what I wanted.

IMAG0973.jpg
    IMAG0987.jpg
    IMAG1111.jpg

Dan

Nice one! Next time you go looking for FJ parts, can I come?

cheers
    Max

Banned
    What do the tags say on the Safron one??????

Learner Driver
    Hi Mate

Hope the pics are clear.....

Attachment 15531

Attachment 15530

Attachment 15532

The one with the ADR's didn't come out very clear, but it's 4-74 (or 6-74), 3 seat. Car is 16km out of town in my brothers shed now, so if you'd like a clearer pic I'd need a day to get it. I thought I had one but it's not on my phone.

Numbers on the bottom of the second tag are L31, M40 and GV3. Car was originally from Wellington NSW.

Dan
    Last edited by RRU367; 15-01-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Banned
    Unreal. Good options. Must be all but a Sandman except for the seating capacity.

Learner Driver
    Yeah Mate, it was too good to leave there. It's a good solid old ute with very minimal rust, and the main thing I was after, a 308. It just needed a good clean. It had apparently sat since last registered in 2005, but after a quick check over, new oil and filter, new air filter, flush the radiator etc it started straight away and runs well. It'll get restored over time. I need to stop buying more though, and just restore one. I just thought I should grab a couple now before they all disappear, otherwise I'd never find one. (The Azure Blue one is just a Belmont, 173, 3-speed manual)

IMAG1043.jpg

Banned
    Wish I had found them lol. I am only an hour from Wello.

love the saffron one mate. so tuff! Is that chrome yellow one from QLD? or was it on ebay? I remember seeing one exactly like it
    BQZ

Very nice collection you got there

Thread Information