Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself to everyone.

I'm from: Melton Victoria
    I found mySandman: through word of mouth.
    For a living I: work in the auto body repair industry , panelbeater by trade.
    The best film I've ever seen is: death proof
    I'm currently listening to: triple mmm
    The thing I'd like most to do, right now, that I haven't done is: Drive my hx sandman ( just picked up one day ago )
    Something I'm really proud of is: that after one divorce and another separation i still have my cars !!

Welcome to the "sandman club" and given your trade, you are going to be very popular. This is a great website and everyone is super helpful and its a great source of information. We love all sandman models and its amazing how many are still around and or found in back yards, sheds and garages.

Cheers mate look forward to getting to know the gang .

Banned
    Well been a bit of a hectic couple of years for me. I left my job at Cadia gold mine in Orange in 2014. Started a new job as a mill operator at a tiny mine just down the road from home. Two years there and then it was closed down when it got to the end of its lifespan. I was happy as I wanted to go back farming full time anyway. We set up a 400 head feedlot on our farm (my wife and myself). 2016 was the best year I have had in farming. Terrific rainfall and fantastic stock prices. Then 2017 have us no rain, no harvest and cattle prices dropped. Hmm. Mining here I come again. Did a week at Boggabri, back on big trucks but in coal this time. I left there and went back to Cadia as the roster didn’t allow me enough time at home. Loved going back to Cadia. Lots of old mates and a great roster of 7 and 7, all days. But away from home is tough. Just landed a new job in coal at Mudgee today. Home everyday and a nice pay rise.
    Farming is a curse. I love it but the lows are so low. Especially when you are tied to 98 years on the same block of ground. Can’t leave as you really feel part of the landscape.

Hi all. Restoring an HX van currently. I've restored about 9 chargers in the past but couldn't find a decent drifter so decided to go with a Holden 😏🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanM View Post
    Hi all. Restoring an HX van currently. I've restored about 9 chargers in the past but couldn't find a decent drifter so decided to go with a Holden ����*♂️
    Sorry Duncan but I'm not a Vall fan. Although I have a bit of a mixed fleet, never owned a Chrysler. My brother had a 300 SRT 2018 model. Glad he traded it in so I don't have to work on it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanM View Post
    Hi all. Restoring an HX van currently. I've restored about 9 chargers in the past but couldn't find a decent drifter so decided to go with a Holden 😏🤷*♂️
    Welcome aboard, Duncan!

Don't see many Drifters for sale, I know of one unrestored van nearby, & I don't think it would be for sale at any price. (some) valiant people are a bit "different" & are one eyed towards the brand. I'm more receptive to any cars from this era, besides pommy ones obviously!

Tell us about your HX & what plans you have for it
    Cheers
    Max

There's a reason val enthusiasts are called TAVOs.. (TIGHT ARSED VALIANT OWNER). 😂😉 Yeah always loved the old valiants, but equally not opposed to Holden's (had an HX monaro and SLR 5000 previously) from the same era.. or Fords... however the 340 SB still the best small block V8 from that era 😏

The HX is an almost Sandman... everything but the GVM is correct. Oh well 🤷*♂️😂 but I never bought it as a Sandman so all good. It'll be a complete rebuild and ill post regular updates as i go 👍

Quote Originally Posted by maxsandman View Post
    Welcome aboard, Duncan!

Don't see many Drifters for sale, I know of one unrestored van nearby, & I don't think it would be for sale at any price. (some) valiant people are a bit "different" & are one eyed towards the brand. I'm more receptive to any cars from this era, besides pommy ones obviously!

Tell us about your HX & what plans you have for it
    Cheers
    Max
    Ha Ha Max, don't know about the ponny bit, give me a Aston DB5 any day over a Holden or Val.

Quote Originally Posted by axistr View Post
    Ha Ha Max, don't know about the ponny bit, give me a Aston DB5 any day over a Holden or Val.
    You wouldn't be saying that if it was an everyday car and you had to work on it! Some say Mo-par or No-Car!, Each to their own. I'm more like Max and happy for them all. But I have the heart of the Lion.
    Would like me a DB9 but I know it's a toy, not reliable affordable transport.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Thread Information