Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HQ Sandman found!!

Byron that is a great story!! Amazing! The gods were smilin in you guys!

Funnily enough just today i was at work and this bloke whos into buying houses tells me he saw an abandoned monaro in a backyard last year. Later this arvo we're drivin in the same suburb and he says lets go see if its still there. Sure enough we look over the back fence and theres a red monaro lookin sad and well overgrown with grass in this backyard..... Not sure if its a htk or g. Didnt have my phone on me to get pics but we'll go back in the next few days and knock on his door...

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    That is a great colour Will.co, Aquamarine, haven't seen it for year's. Worked with a tiler many year's ago, who bought a SLR 5000 new in that colour, looked great.
    Cheers Robbo, definatelly makes me moist to look at it!!

Byron...nah im just gonna call you ORACLE from now on, tell anyone else they are full of it and they might get a bit pissed but tellin you your full of it is the truth..cause you are, full of good and interesting stories and also a wealth of info..thanks for sharing mate, that was some coincedence happening right there!! probably more like fate!

I did Targa Tasmania last year as a support vehicle so got to travel the state where i was also able to note down every old holden in a backyard that we drove past in little Tassie towns in the middle of nowhere! Im taking a trip with a mate soon so ill get some photos and let ya'll know how it goes.

Im moving out my old HZ windowles 202 today to make way for the new one, bit sad really seeing the old girl go, had her for about 8yrs now and grown a bit attached...Still gotta make room for Sandy and its going to a good mate so ill keep in touch with it!!

that van makes me hard......

Sandman Guru
    The white Sandman van we found was what re-kindled my interest in Sandmans and got me into researching them in the first place.

Here it is, also the HG GTS350 as found.

sandman 013.jpgsandman 014.jpgDCP_0734.JPG

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    that van makes me hard......
    one now wonders why you used the symbols of 1980's gay pride right after your describing your van arousal.... oh dear greg... NTTIWWT

--- Updated ---

[QUOTE=will.co;15219]
    The paint has been touched up as it was a bit faided and the blokes mate did it in the original colour for him, its been well polished though...

QUOTE]

what a great find mate and well done..... there was a LS350 at the monaro nationals in queensland in Aquamarine with white interior.... it was a stunning combination..

it looks from the pics like your sandman has had full respray.... but it matters little it looks fantastic

how many miles on the odometer? and do you have a pic of the tyre placard?

cheers
    Al
    Last edited by hqgts; 26-03-2011 at 02:41 PM.

[QUOTE=hqgts;15300]one now wonders why you used the symbols of 1980's gay pride right after your describing your van arousal.... oh dear greg... NTTIWWT [COLOR="Silver"]

QUOTE]

isnt it obvious al....i particularly like my village people smilies as they make me happy..

Yeah mate sorry bout that by touch up I did mean respray. Should be more specific. Mid 200's on the odo and the photo of the tyre placard I have is blurry but I cam get the details soon for ya. What info can be obtained once I have them. I wasn't able to find much info on this so please sort me out if you can.

hey will.co are you up the north end of the island?...im going down to my mates in launceston in a few months and would love to see your van in the flesh so to speak..

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    hey will.co are you up the north end of the island?...im going down to my mates in launceston in a few months and would love to see your van in the flesh so to speak..
    No I'm not sorry buddy I'm down south. Would love to show you though only prob is that I don't take hold for a few weeks. Keen to share it when I do though and happy to meet any mys.com'ers if they are in the area

--- Updated ---

Can anyone fill me in on any info regarding the courtesy light buttons found inside the door and if there is any significance to them

thats ok..only takes a few hours to drive south...courtesy light buttons were on sandmans but belmonts did not have them normally..

--- Updated ---

something i noticed as well..at some stage in its life someone has removed the belmont badges from the gaurds...

Thread Information